We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
It was reasonably practicable for the Defendant to have:
- Conducted an effective hazard identification and risk assessment, and implemented appropriate controls;
- Complied with their own Health and Safety Plan which details that 3 tonne rollers and large plate compactors would be used for compaction work;
- Prior to operating machinery on a public road, ensured workers had the appropriate endorsements to operate that machinery;
- Ensured workers were appropriately trained and competent to operate machinery they were instructed to operate;
- Completed a risk assessment when the 2008 HAMM HD75 Roller was brought to site and ensured that information on its safe use was communicated to all staff working on site.