We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Undertake a hazard and risk assessment and determine and implement the appropriate safeguard controls for the conveyor when the biohazard was identified:
- Seek advice from a competent person to determine how to address safety and biohazard issues with the conveyor;
- Have appropriate policies/procedures in place to ensure effective communication between workers;
- Ensure that there was an effective system of machinery lockout of power before cleaning and maintenance was undertaken;
- Ensure that induction, training and instructions are provided in the language spoken by the employee and that they know and understand what is required of them.