We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
It was reasonably practicable for Sullivan Contractors 2005 Limited to have:
- Undertaken an effective hazard and risk assessment of the Waaka Block and determined the appropriate controls to be implemented;
- Assessed whether its workers were competent to undertake forestry work at the Waaka Block given the hazards and risks associated with felling at the Waaka Block;
- Ensured that workers who were to undertake forestry work at the Waaka Block were either deemed competent or were under documented training and supervision;
- Ensured there was a competent observer present to assess and assist in determining how to fell difficult trees at the Waaka Block;
- Ensured that a Harvest Plan was in place prior to commencing forestry work at the Waaka Block;
- Prepared and implemented an appropriate and effective tree felling plan for the Waaka block prior to commencing felling.
$255,225 in consequential loss
$421 in costs