We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Adequately consult, co-operate and co-ordinate activities with other entities as to the identification, assessment and management of risks posed by the installation of the ladder and hatch;
- Enquire whether building consent had been obtained for the installation of the ladder and hatch before commencing work;
- Ensure that the ladder and hatch were installed by a competent worker or that the ladder and hatch were not used until inspected by a qualified engineer and deemed code compliant;
- Ensure that the ladder and hatch complied with the NZ Building Code D1 requirements including a minimum 750mm clearance from the rungs to any obstruction behind the climber; and
- Having installed the hatch vertically, identify, assess and manage the hazards associated with the obstructed accessway.