We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
It was reasonably practicable for Kumar Vasist to:
- carry out a risk assessment, or ensure that an effective risk assessment was carried out by a competent person;
- implement a safe system of work in relation to the excavation and retaining wall work;
- obtain the required (written) consent and/or advice from Wellington Electricity Lines Limited prior to commencing excavation work;
- ensure the excavation work maintained a safe distance from the base of the power pole;
- ensure non-interference with works;
- consult, co-operate with and co-ordinate activities with Mr Hayim Nahum in relation to the work at the site
$0 in costs (due to financial incapacity)