We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Complete appropriate polarity testing after installing the meter but before connecting the system to the mains power as required by regulation 73A(1)(b);
- Sight a completed certificate of compliance as required by regulation 73A(1)(c);
- Attach a completed certificate of compliance to the record of inspection as required by regulation 73A(1)(a);
- Ensure the polarity of the supply was correct as required by regulation 73A(1)(e)(i);
- Complete a trailing earth test (also known as an independent earth test) during the inspection phase, so as to be satisfied that the installation is, and will be when enlivened, electrically safe as required by regulations 70(3) and 73(a);
- Prepare a written record of inspection in accordance with regulation 72 (as required by regulation 73(c)) including:
- Sighting a completed certificate of compliance and attaching a completed certificate of compliance to the written record of inspection; and
- Identify the regulations relied on when completing the record of inspection.
Charge 2: Electricity Act 1992, s 163D(1)(a) and Electricity (Safety) Regulations 70, 72 and 73