We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- To measure the total area of the material to be removed;
- To have treated the cladding as asbestos containing material until tested and confirmed not to be asbestos containing material;
- To have prepared an asbestos removal plan;
- To have ensured that the asbestos containing material wasn’t unnecessarily broken to minimise the risk of asbestos fibres being released;
- To have sprayed the interior surface of the ACM with a PVA solution;
- To have ensured that decontamination facilities were available;
- To have engaged an independent competent person to carry out a clearance inspection; and
- To have provided health monitoring.
Sections 48(1) and (2)(b) and 36(2) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015; and
Regulations 34(1) and 34(5)(a) of the Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016