We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Ensure employees are adequately trained in the operation of the Swing Loader, in particular in the use of the Akerstrom remote control device and its corresponding symbols/legends;
- Fit signage on the Swing Loader indicating safe working zones, weight loads and the legends for the manual operation of the levers;
- Ensure that there is a comprehensive Standard Operating Procedure covering all aspects of swing loader functionality;
- Establish a regime for testing the electrical safety systems on the Swing Loader, particularly the proximity switches, either as part of the pre-start check, or regular periodic servicing;
- Ensure that the above testing regime is completed and compliance monitored; and
- Ensure that its side loader/swing lift drivers held New Zealand Qualification Achievement NZQA 17679.