We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Contract trained arborists.
- Identify the relevant hazards and risks.
- Stop and reassess the risk when the work plan changes.
- Ensure workers are trained and competent for the relevant work.
- Ensure there is a competent supervisor on site.
- Seek permission from the lines company and apply for a close approach consent.
- Use a wooden or nonconductive ladder suitable for tree work in close proximity to power lines.
- Do not use power tools close to power lines.
- Ensure workers use adequate personal protective equipment.
Section 163C Electricity Act 1992 and Regulation 17 Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010