We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Provide, maintain and monitor compliance with a safety system of work for the cleaning and disinfecting work;
- Provide and monitor the use of appropriate controls, such as personal protective equipment, by workers involved in the cleaning and disinfecting work;
- Ensure the workers involved in the cleaning and disinfecting work are given adequate training, information and instruction;
- Ensure adequate supervision of the workers carrying out the cleaning and disinfecting work;
- Consult, co-operate and co-ordinate activities with all other PCBUs about a safe system of work for the cleaning and disinfecting work.
On 17 May 2018 a group of OneStaff workers were cleaning a shed at Southern Dairies Centre Farm using a sodium hydroxide-based cleaner called X-Clean DOO AWAY. Seven of the workers suffered minor or superficial burns as a result of contact with the product. Five were taken to hospital to receive treatment. "
Sections 43(1) and 34(2)(b) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015"