We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Court Summary - at a glance
- Ensure a systematic risk assessment of the machine is undertaken by a competent person;
- Ensure the machine is adequately guarded in accordance with AS/NZS 4024 or a same or similar standard;
- Provide appropriate controls to ensure the machine is prevented from start-up while changing rolls of film, or while maintenance or cleaning work is being carried out, such as an interlocked guard and lock-out/tag-out procedures;
- Implement an effective system to ensure workers are adequately trained, supervised, and competent to use the machine prior to operating it;
- Develop and implement a safe operating procedure for the machine covering routine and non-routine operations including a system to ensure safety controls are present and functional;
- Ensure health and safety procedures and documentation are adequate, communicated to, and understood by workers.