We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Protecting workers from the sun is the feature of this update. New Zealand has the highest rate of melanoma in the world with over 2000 people reported to the New Zealand cancer registry with melanoma every year – that’s around six every day. Each year over 300 New Zealanders die from melanoma.
Read on for information about our new quick guide for protecting workers from the sun, Health Protection Agency sun protection resources, and some sun safety myths.
Also in this issue:
- Frontline view from our inspectors for January to June 2017
- Legionnaires’ disease warning
- New workplace exposure standards
- Updated guidance on writing for health and safety
- Young people in the workplace info sheet
- In the news: negligent asbestos removal puts others at risk
- Check out our new website