The Official Information Act (OIA) allows New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, or anyone in New Zealand, to request official information from the government. For areas where there is a high degree of public interest, we may choose to publish OIA responses or other information proactively.
All government agencies are being encouraged to proactively release official information to the public. We have started the process by releasing the titles of aide memoires and reports that have been provided to our Minister for the previous month. This is part of our journey to be more open and transparent with the public of New Zealand.
Aide memoires and reports provided by WorkSafe New Zealand to Minister Wood, Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety
- [Aide Memoire] Meeting with GHSL/MPI on 5 May 2021. Dated 3 May 2021.
- [Aide Memoire] Health, safety and wellness in forestry sector. Dated 5 May 2021.
- [Aide Memoire] 2021 Safeguard National Health & Safety Conference and 2021 New Zealand Workplace Health & Safety Awards – 1 June 2021. Dated 27 May 2021.
- [Aide Memoire] Academic group seeking funding for independent research. Dated 25 May 2021.
- [Aide Memoire] Improving Health and Safety Outcomes Through Government Procurement. Dated 28 May 2021.
- [Aide Memoire] Business Leaders Health & Safety Forum meeting 28 May. Dated 27 May 2021.
Previous proactive releases
Briefing paper to Minister Lees-Galloway summarising WorkSafe’s involvement and responsibilities in relation to the Pike River mine site (3 November 2017).