We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe.
Our February work-related health update.
In this issue:
- Revised guidance for businesses and workers on respiratory protective equipment
- Prosecution of Precision Animal Supplements
- Reminder about working in hot conditions and protection from the sun when working outdoors
- Academic Chair in Health and Safety being sought
- Heads-up about mid-year hazardous substances regulations changes
- Hazardous substances calculator updated
- More workplace exposure standards consultation on the way
- WorkSafe’s Philippa Gibson on how to tackle airborne health risks
- Daniel Hummerdal talks about health and safety innovation
- Mental Health Foundation launches workplace mental health package
- New research reveals importance of wellbeing for younger farmers
- Ministry of Health to lead efforts to address health workforce wellbeing
- Improving worker health and addressing fatigue issues to improve safety