Apply for an asbestos removal licence using the online form or the downloadable form.
Forms can either be emailed or posted to WorkSafe.
Which licence do you need
Check the overview page for details on the different types and classes of licence.
How to apply
To apply for an asbestos removal licence you will need to complete the application form and submit it to WorkSafe along with the required supporting documentation, and the relevant fee.
Please note - your removal licence fee does not include the addition of your first nominated supervisor on your licence. This is an additional fee.
Updates to applicant guides and application forms
The asbestos removal and assessor applicant guides have been updated to reflect new licence application and renewal criteria. Updated versions of the application forms will be published at the start of the new licensing cycle on 4th April 2021.
Before you start
Please read the relevant applicant guide and make sure you understand:
- what supporting documentation you need to gather and have ready to submit with your application,
- the total fee you are required to pay, and
- how to get your application to WorkSafe.
Below are links to the application forms and related applicant guides.
- Asbestos removal licensing guide for applicants [PDF, 193 KB]
- Asbestos assessor licensing guide for applicants [PDF, 146 KB]
Asbestos removal licence forms:
- Application for an asbestos removal licence [online form](external link)
- Application for an asbestos removal licence [PDF, 139 KB]
- Renewal of an asbestos removal licence [PDF, 123 KB]
- New asbestos removal licence - additional supervisor [PDF, 65 KB]
- Renewal of an asbestos removal licence - aditional supervsior [PDF, 105 KB]
- Add a supervisor to a current removal licence [PDF, 78 KB]
- Nominated supervisor's experience form [PDF, 238 KB]
- Notification of supervisor removal [PDF, 381 KB]
Asbestos assesor licence forms:
- Application for an asbestos assessor licence [PDF, 90 KB]
- Renewal of an asbestos assessor licence [PDF, 66 KB]
Replacement asbestos removal or assessor licence