You must provide an annual monitoring report to WorkSafe if methyl bromide was used in quantities great than 500 kg at your work site. The report must be provided by 30 June for the preceding calendar year.
The Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017(external link) requires a PCBU with management or control of a site where more methyl bromide than the reporting threshold amount specified is applied must produce an annual monitoring report in accordance with regulation 14.37.
The annual report for the period 1 January to 31 December 2020 must be provided by 30 June 2021.
Your annual monitoring report must include the following information:
- name and address of the workplace
- number of quarantine or pre-shipment fumigations using methyl bromide carried out at the site
- total amount of methyl bromide applied and discharged at the site
- annual exposure level at the site
- any accidents or other issues related to non-compliance with any of the applicable requirements in these regulations.
We have developed a template to help you meet your annual monitoring reporting requirements: