We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions in Auckland. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe
Prior to being offered for sale in New Zealand, cables and wires that are within the following definitions are subject to a Supplier Declaration of Conformity.
An electrical cord which-
- is unscreened and flexible;
- is designed for use at low voltage;
- consists of two or three elastomer or PVC insulated cores of multistrand construction;
- has a cross-sectional area of each conductor not exceeding 2.5mm
- has for other than tinsel cords, individual wire strandings not exceeding—
- 0.21mm for conductor sizes up to 1mm OR
- 0.26mm for conductor sizes exceeding 1mm
but does not include-
- a flexible cord directly connected to equipment or approved non-rewirable accessories which is marked in accordance with the CENELEC HAR marking scheme for flexible cords.
Cables having 1-5 conductors of stranded or solid cores of copper conductors, insulated and laid up in flat or circular configuration and sheathed to provide mechanical protection to the insulation, intended for use at a rated voltage of between 200 and 250volts, single phase, or between 350 and 450volts, multi-phase, RMS ac, between conductors or to earth, intended for use in buildings or similar structures, or used in association with buildings or similar structures and having a cross sectional area per conductor of between 0.5mm2 and 16mm2.
Cables and wires must comply with either: