We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions in Auckland. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
For other notifications please complete our online forms at Notify WorkSafe
Prior to being offered for sale in New Zealand, Electric Tools that are within the following definitions are subject to a Supplier Declaration of Conformity.
An electrical appliance which-
- is for machining, drilling, sawing, or surface preparation; and
- may be entirely supported by hand during operation; but does not include-
- a tool, portable type, promoted exclusively to industry.
Class 0 and 01 appliances are not permitted in New Zealand.
Tools portable type must comply with either:
- Standards listed under ‘Hand-held motor-operated electric tools’ section in Schedule 4 of the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010(external link)
- AS/NZS 3820:2009 Essential safety requirements for electrical equipment
- The Conformity Co-operation Agreement (China – NZ)