If you feel you may need support from trained professionals, you can get help from providers listed on this page.
Your mental health and wellbeing can be affected by work.
You can use your existing support networks, such as whanau or friends, for mental health and wellbeing support but if you feel you may need support from trained professionals, you can get help.
If you are in an emergency situation and need immediate assistance, please call 111 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.
You can contact your local DHB Mental Health Crisis Team – you can find their contact information on the Ministry of Health's website(external link) - or ring Healthline on 0800 611 116 and ask to be connected to the Crisis Team in your area.
Counselling and support
Many businesses provide access to online or telephone counselling. If employers don’t have arrangements for workers, or you don’t feel comfortable accessing those services for any reason, you can contact the following helplines for free.
Free call or text 1737 any time to talk with a trained counsellor
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or text 4357
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666
- Alcohol Drug Helpline - 0800 787 797 or text 8681
- Gambling Helpline - 0800 654 655 or text 8006
- OUTLine - 0800 688 5463 – OUTLine is a confidential telephone support for the rainbow community, available evenings from 6pm–9pm.
- Anxiety Helpline - 0800 269 4389