- Plug appliances directly into the generator.
- Do not connect a generator to building wiring unless the connection has been installed by an electrician.
- The generator must be located in a well-ventilated place and that exhaust gases are funnelled away from any internal or confined space. The generator must never be used in an indoor space where people are present; this includes areas such as an internal garage.
- The rating of the connected equipment should not exceed the rating of the generator.
- Remember to always use an RCD where the supplied equipment is outside or in a damp location.