Request review of a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN)
If a trained Health and Safety Representative (HSR) reasonably believes that a person is or is likely to contravene a provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) they can issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) to address the problem.
Note that an HSR must not issue a PIN to a person or business unless they have first consulted with that person or business.
What happens if I disagree with a PIN?
If you are issued with and disagree with a PIN, you can, within seven days, request WorkSafe to review the PIN.
Note that only the person to whom the PIN was issued to (or if the PIN was issued to a worker, their PCBU) can ask Worksafe to review the PIN.
Complete the Request to Review a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) Form and email to your nearest WorkSafe office (details are provided on the form).
Once we receive the form, WorkSafe will review the information provided and contact you as soon as possible.
Submitting your Request to a Review of a Provisional Improvement Notice
- Click the button below to access the form.
- The form is in a PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to open it.
- Save the form to your computer
- Type directly into the form all of the information we require
- Re-save the form with your information included
- Email the completed form to your local WorkSafe office. The contact details for each local office are on the back of the form.