Mining, quarrying and tunnelling operations
The The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 requires all employers to notify WorkSafe of workplace accidents, unsafe situations and incidents of serious harm.
Mine operators and quarry operators have additional notification requirements under the The Health and Safety at Work (Mining Operations and Quarrying Operations) Regulations 2016.
If you want to notify us of:
- Mining operation notifiable event [PDF 115KB]
- High risk activity notification [PDF 93KB]
- Mining and tunnelling operations notification and reporting [PDF 64KB]
- Quarry and alluvial mine operations notification and reporting [PDF 51KB]
Mine operators also have additional reporting requirements to notify WorkSafe of an accident or incident of serious harm:
- Phone 0800 030 040 (24 hours) and choose Option 2; AND
- Complete and submit within seven days the Mining Operations Serious Harm form [PDF 191 KB]
Completed written notice can be returned by:
WorkSafe New Zealand
PO Box 105146
Note | Email notifications may not be responded to until the next business day.