Mining, quarrying and tunnelling operations
The The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 requires PCBU's to notify WorkSafe of certain illnesses, injuries, incidents and the death of a worker.
Mine operators and quarry operators have additional notification requirements under the The Health and Safety at Work (Mining Operations and Quarrying Operations) Regulations 2016.
If you want to notify us of:
- Mining operation notifiable event [PDF 115KB]
- High risk activity notification [PDF 93KB]
- Mining and tunnelling operations notification and reporting [PDF 64KB]
- Quarry and alluvial mine operations notification and reporting [PDF 51KB]
- Mining and tunnelling operations quarterly report form [PDF 54KB]
Mine operators also have additional reporting requirements to notify WorkSafe of a notifiable injury or illness.:
- Phone 0800 030 040 (24 hours) and choose Option 2; AND
- Complete and submit within seven days the Mining operation notifiable event [PDF 115KB]
- Non-mining operations eg. Quarries
Completed written notice can be returned by:
WorkSafe New Zealand
PO Box 105146
Mine and tunnel plans
If you are a mining or tunnelling operation, the Health and Safety at Work (Mining Operations and Quarrying Operations) Regulations 2016 require that you send WorkSafe a copy of a mine plan at least every year. If you have ceased mining or finished constructing the tunnel, then you need to send WorkSafe a plan of the completed work. Plans should contain certain information and be drawn on a certain scale. For further guidance on submitting plans to WorkSafe, see the guide Completing and Submitting Plans for Mines and Tunnels.