Nominations for New Zealand Mining Board of Examiners
WorkSafe New Zealand is seeking nominations for up to five members of the New Zealand Mining Board of Examiners (the Board).
WorkSafe is seeking people who have knowledge, experience and leadership in the extractive industry in one or more of the following: operations; health and safety inspections; education and industry training.
The vacancies have arisen as the result of five members’ terms of appointment expiring in October 2016.
The Board is established under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 to:
- advise WorkSafe on competency requirements for mine workers
- to examine applicants, or have applicants examined, for certificates of competence
- to issue, renew, cancel, and suspend certificates of competence
- any other function relating to training and competency requirements for participants in the extractives industry conferred on the Board by regulations made under the Act.
Appointments are for a term of up to three years.
There are generally six meetings a year in Wellington. It is anticipated that there would be up to half a day’s preparation for each meeting. In addition, members may be called upon to participate in various working groups or sub-committees. The daily fee for a member is $350.
Further information about the Board, can be found on our website.
Applicants should supply contact details for two referees and complete a fit and proper person form and a conflicts of interest disclosure. Please note that a current New Zealand criminal record is required as part of the fit and proper person check. This is available from the Ministry of Justice and can take a number of months. Please provide this to the Board Secretariat once received. A fit and proper person form does not need to be provided if an applicant has completed one as part of their certificate of competence application.
The following can be found online.
- member’s position description [PDF 45KB]
- fit and proper person form [PDF 114KB]
- declaration of interest form [PDF 57KB]
Applications, which need to include a covering letter outlining skills, qualifications, relevant experience and availability, curriculum vitae and required documentation, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘BoE Application’ in the subject line or to:
New Zealand Mining Board of Examiner’s Secretariat
WorkSafe New Zealand
PO Box 165
Applications close on 26 August 2016.
Please contact Ariadna Motus (or 04 901 0691) if you have any questions