Worker representation can benefit a business and workers in many different ways by:
- Providing a clear, well known way for workers to raise issues and suggest improvements to health and safety at work.
- Providing a voice for workers who might not otherwise speak up about health and safety matters.
- Providing a link between workers and management.
- Helping in situations where it’s not practical for the business to engage one-to-one with its entire workforce.
- Providing a different perspective on the business’ day to day processes.