WorkSafe operational policies
WorkSafe’s operational policies are primarily intended for internal operational use but will be published externally to increase transparency. They state WorkSafe’s approach to carrying out its regulatory functions.
A full suite of WorkSafe operational policies is under development and will be progressively published when implemented.
The Enforcement Policy states WorkSafe’s high level approach to its use of the enforcement lever to secure health and safety of workers and workplaces.
WorkSafe’s Enforcement Decision-making Model (EDM) supports the implementation of the Enforcement Policy by guiding inspectors to the most appropriate enforcement tool when making enforcement decisions.
- Enforcement policy [PDF 296KB]
- Enforcement Decision-making Model (EDM) [PDF 805KB PDF]
- A guide to WorkSafe’s enforcement Decision-making model (EDM) [PDF 45KB]
- Prosecution policy
- Inspection policy [PDF 242KB]
- Investigations policy [PDF 367KB]
- Regulatory Relationships policy [PDF 237KB]
- Enforceable Undertakings policy [PDF 348KB]
- Duty Holder Review policy [PDF 252KB]